The Automotive industry is a vast sector encompassing all companies and organisations involved in the design, development and manufacturing, marketing and selling of vehicles.
The industry is one of the world’s most important sectors by revenue, with a turnover of £60 billion per annum. In addition, automotive manufacturing accounts for nearly two thirds of the UK’s turnover for manufacturing each year.
The enormous scale of the industry has resulted in fierce competition and overcapacity with the industry becoming more globalised and consolidated.
Business Intelligence for Automotive Industry
Qlik is a business intelligence application that reduces risk and takes cost out of the supply chain, focusing on organising data for the most lucrative decisions. Using the QlikView Business Discovery platform automotive companies can:
- Drive sourcing and procurement efficiencies
- Support demand pull methodologies to reduce waste and drive quality
- Synchronize operational processes using real-time production insights
- Lock in future revenue streams by bundling value-added services with products, typically at the time of initial sales
- Improve enterprise governance of risk, safety and regulatory compliance
- Improve collaboration with partners and suppliers by providing visibility and data insights across the entire value chain
- Manage product life cycles and innovation processes for optimal ROI
- Ease administrative and IT burdens associated with data analysis and reporting across business functions.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) for Automotive Industry
IFS is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution that has long been the solution of choice for the automotive industry. It supports the whole lifecycle of the automotive industry from design integration through demand management, supply chain, full-scale production, sales and service – fully integrated with financials and human resources.
Selecting the right ERP and BI solution for any businesses operating within the automotive industry is essential.
Cooper Software has experience of working with a number of automotive suppliers.