Apps to Support Mobile Working
To meet the needs of the mobile workforce and improve their user experience, IFS launched Touch Apps in 2011. A series of smartphone apps for Google’s Android, Apple’s iOS and Microsoft Windows Phone platforms.
Using innovative cloud technology, IFS Touch Apps deliver real-time mobile solutions to IFS Applications users, regardless of their location. Rather than the apps talking directly to a specific version or installation of IFS Applications, they are available through the IFS Cloud. This unique approach makes it easy for users to access the apps and for IT to enable usage with strong security built-in.
IFS Touch Apps are designed to offer a seamless, hassle-free user experience for your mobile workforce. Each app focuses on very clear, easy to compete tasks, presenting only the important information, and incorporates features such as GPS, voice recording and photo capture.
- Business processes and workflows run faster and smoother since there is less waiting time for people to take action, for example, to authorise a purchase. This especially applies to processes that frequently wait for busy travelling managers to respond.
- Faster running processes result in increased internal and external service levels.
- Increased productivity through making use of otherwise unproductive time to clear away some administrative tasks.
- Managers and employees will be more “plugged in” to the processes that drive the business.
- Smart use of device features like camera and GPS positioning can significantly improve certain business processes by capturing more information.
How Cooper Software can help you to extend the capability of your IFS Touch Apps
Despite enjoying the freedom IFS Touch Apps bring to your business, you might be looking for ways to get more out of your investment. The suite of Touch Apps you are currently using might not quite meet your individual needs. You might be looking to tailor a particular app functionality wise, or there may be an app that is currently not supported on your mobile platform or by the version of IFS Applications you are currently running. This is where Cooper Software can help.
As an IFS Touch Apps partner, we are the primary partner based in the United Kingdom who can support IFS Applications customers already using Touch Apps, helping you to get the very best out of your investment and support your mobile working strategy. Taking advantage of IFS’ technical knowledge and expertise and using our own development capabilities, we have the authority to develop additional mobile or web platforms for existing IFS Touch Apps. We also have the ability to extend the functionality of existing apps in the suite and develop entirely new apps.