Established in 1878 as a manufacturer of specialist industrial lubricants in the UK, ROCOL has expanded considerably over the last 120 years and now offers Lubrication, Site Safety and Adhesive solutions to nearly every facet of industry with over 150 distributors stocking and supplying the product range worldwide.
Rocol perform a number of group reporting information jobs within their ERP System (IFS), requiring staff to gather, analyse and present monthly KPI's and detailed reports to the management team and board. The process for these key reports was manual, time consuming, complex and point dependent.
A solution was required to capture critical sales data for effective group reporting. It needed to streamline and improve the reporting process by automating the generation and distribution of a global daily sales reports. Additional requirements were to improve/develop the data held on the ERP System (IFS) to meet reporting requirements, filling data gaps, and reduce the manually intensive-report generation process.
“Cooper Software were able to provide an extension to our IFS system that enabled us to merge two separate IFS instances into one and the dashboard KPIs and automated emailed reports provide us with a great deal of benefit. Cooper Software are an excellent company to work with and the overall quality of their service is excellent.”
Cooper Software, Europe’s largest independent provider of products, consulting and support for IFS users, created a reporting framework from a Business Information Review. An intuitive web application was developed using the Cooper Software SDK (Software Development Kit), enabling users to capture critical sales data while minimising the risk of missing information. The SDK rapidly developed additional fields and business logic, while enabling additional data to be captured easily. The system was rapidly developed through a process of iterative development and seamlessly integrated with ROCOL's new consolidated ERP system (IFS), without the need for system modification.
The application inherited ERP system styling to ensure user interaction and look/feel were consistent. Generation and validation of the supporting sales reports were built into the application and an integrated delivery mechanism was created to automatically distribute the reports to the global sales team, restricting data visibility by region and employee position.
- 500 man hours saved per year.
- Improved the depth of data and automated the delivery of the associated management information.
- Removed dependencies on legacy report artefacts whilst also reducing the load on the database by optimising the underpinning database queries.
- Simple dashboard solution to provide instant and up-to-date access to the sales information as well as the automation of the daily sales report.
- Reduced the need for manual intervention, eliminating manual error risk, releasing employees to focus on other operational priorities.
- It is now possible to track critical sales information, enabling crucial decisions to be made more quickly.